International Students – Hellenic American University

Follow Us:

For Students

Home For Students International Students

Remote MBA Master of Business Administration

HAU offers a world-class MBA from your own home! Experience interactive video sessions with your instructor and fellow students, small class size, and a learning platform that’s easy to use!

  • Affordable tuition
  • Scholarships available
  • 7-week terms
  • Fully accredited
  • Complete in 18 months
Strengthen your portfolio of skills with an HAU MBA!

Quick Contact

Apply Now

Start your MBA today - take your next step to career success!

For International Students

Hellenic American University is a leader in providing life-long learning opportunities for thousands of students world-wide. Our diverse international student body brings a remarkable array of talents, interests and experiences helping to strengthen and build our university culture.

Are you an international student interested in becoming part of the HAU community? Explore the information below to help you on your way!

General Visa and Residence Information

Your course of study and the type of school you plan to attend determine the type of student visa you require for entry in the U.S. HAU’s MBA program at the Nashua NH campus requires F-1 visa. Your F-1 status will be valid for the duration of your study as long as you maintain valid status. F-1 students must meet specific requirements, by complying with the F-1 regulatory requirements in 8 CFR 214.2:

  • F-1 students are admitted to the United States to study.
  • You must be enrolled full-time as certified by the DSO in SEVIS. Reducing your course load or failing to enroll in the required full-time course load will jeopardize your F-1 status and result in the violations of your F-1 status and the termination of your I-20.
  • In extraordinary circumstances, you may be permitted to enroll for less than a full-time course load but this requires authorization.


You need to inform the Student Services Coordinator and Designated School Official for any of the following changes:

  • Leaves of absence, suspensions, or withdrawals from school
  • Employment off campus, residential address changes
  • Changes in major, program of study, or expected completion date, transfer to a new college or to a new degree level.


In addition, you must:

  • Report to the Student Services Coordinator upon arrival.
  • Provide a proof of health insurance at the start of the term. The health insurance must remain in effect for the entire duration of your studies.
  • Provide a valid address of stay within the first 15 days upon the start of classes. You should notify the Student Services Coordinator of any change of address within the 48 hours of the change and update your SEVIS record to reflect the change of address within 10 days of change.
  • Maintain a valid passport.
  • File taxes every year: F-1 students must file federal tax forms every year that they are in the U.S. The deadlines to file the forms are April 15, if U.S. money is earned (this includes money earned from graduate student assistantships), and June 15, if no U.S. money is earned. For more information, refer to Taxes and Social Security.

Things to remember

It is important for you to understand the requirements that govern your specific immigration classification and to communicate with the university prior to taking part in activities that may negatively impact your legal status in the U.S. If you violate the terms of your status, you may need to take steps to regain legal status through an application for reinstatement or through making a new entry to the U.S.

Employment in the U.S.

You must refrain from engaging in unauthorized employment. Violating employment regulations is a violation of status and will not only jeopardize your ability to remain in the United States but also your ability to return to the US for future visits.

In select circumstances, students may have employment opportunities. If you are planning on working (on or off campus), you will be required to present documentation to verify your identity and employment eligibility. Please contact the Student Services Coordinator for additional information on employment and internship regulations. Do not engage in any kind of employment until you are certain you have authorization to do so.

Traveling with a US Student Visa

  • Your student visa is valid for multiple re-entries for as long as it is valid and you maintain your student status. You will need a travel signature (also known as travel endorsement) for re-entry to the U.S. It is a signature obtained by the International Student Officer that indicates to the port of entry U.S. official that you are in status and that you plan to continue your academic activities at HAU.
  • You need to have a valid visa stamp in your passport in order to be able to re-enter the U.S. If your visa has expired you will need to apply for a new one.
  • Please note that a valid U.S. visa in an expired passport remains valid! DO NOT peel off the Visa from your expired passport so as to transfer it to your new one. Present the expired passport along with the valid one to the U.S. port of entry official. Please, contact the International Student Officer with any questions you may have.

Academic Policies

You must make academic progress, including attending and passing all your classes. Excessive absence, lack of participation and missing assignments may result in the termination of your status and deactivation of your Form I-20.

If you are an international student, your visa will be valid for the duration of your study. However, for it to remain valid you need to meet specific requirements:

  • You must be enrolled full-time as certified by the DSO in SEVIS. Reducing your course load or failing to enroll in the required full-time course load will jeopardize your F-1 status and result in the violations of your F-1 status and the termination of your I-20.
  • In extraordinary circumstances, you may be permitted to enroll for less than a full-time course load and less than 9 credits but this requires authorization.
  • MBA students under international visa requirements, registered in the NASHUA campus, cannot take more than one e-learning course per semester.
  • Dropping out of the program of study will put your visa status in jeopardy.


International students participating in the MBA program in NASHUA can add/drop a course without financial penalty during the first week of classes unless otherwise noted by scholarships. Students who drop a course during the second week are eligible for a 50% fee return. No financial return is provided for students dropping a course from week three onwards in which case students have to retake the course with full tuition payment. A reduction in the course load can impact your student visa status.


Any student more than 15 minutes late to a class will be counted as absent or require documentation such as medical documentation for review. More than 1 unexcused absence within a 7-week term course and 2 unexcused absences within a 15-week semester course will impact student grades. Any absences beyond this will result in a failing grade. Please report absences to administration as soon as possible.

Any student who does not attend and/or participate in the first class requires notification to the Dean, Director of Academics, or the Student Services Coordinator.

Late Work Policy

Assignments submitted past the due date are considered late. Late work turned in within 4 days of the due date will be assessed a 10%-point penalty on the final grade of the assignment. Any assignments received after 4 days will not be accepted without authorized documentation.

Questions? Contact us today!